Matter is dedicated to making the neuroscience of happiness easy for people to understand and use in their daily lives. Our approach combines subjective experience (how you feel) with objective science (what’s happening in your brain) to help people navigate the highly personal journey of figuring out what makes them truly happy. Our goal is to help people be happier and do better, for themselves and the people around them.
Matter was founded by neuroscientist Axel Bouchon, who previously led the venture arms for Moderna and Bayer; Chris Shiflett of Faculty and Brooklyn Beta; and Ben Goldhirsh of Good Magazine and Mighty.
We’re a small, fully-remote team committed to doing our best work. For us this means balance. We work Monday through Thursday. In addition to every Friday, we offer 20 vacation days per year, plus the last week of December. Compensation includes stock options. The salary range for this full-time role is $140,000 to $180,000.
We’re all here to support and help each other, but you need to be able to work independently. Here are some of the things that you’ll be up to:
- Integration with Apple APIs, especially Core Data, Core Location, Contacts, and HealthKit
- Custom UI component implementations
- General iOS app and widget development
- Unit and UI testing
College degrees and certifications, numbers of years of experience, and prestigious accolades are not required. General life experience, expertise in your area, curiosity, and generosity with skills and knowledge are more important.
We’d love to hear about your experience with:
- iOS, Swift, SwiftUI, and UIKit
- Software development for other platforms (web, macOS, Windows, Android, etc.)
- Communication: written and verbal
Doing meaningful work shouldn’t come at the expense of building a meaningful life. At Matter, this means:
- Four-day work week: Monday through Thursday
- 20 vacation days of your choice, plus the last week in December off
- Remote-first work environment: work out of our Boulder, CO office, or wherever else
- Flexible hours, so long as you can accommodate meetings during ET working hours
- 100% of premium healthcare coverage for you and your dependents
Even though we’re all pretty experienced, we all learn something new almost every day. It may be about neuroscience, design, or technology. Or it may be about something else entirely. We’ll be excited to learn from you, too.
If you’re interested in this role, please email email@example.com with the following:
- A paragraph or two about your experience and why you’re interested in this role
- Link(s) to an app or two that you’ve worked on, with a couple sentences about your contributions
- Anything else you’d like us to know about you or your work
Looking forward to hearing from you!