Matter is a small but growing startup. Our first product is an iOS app (currently in private beta) that pairs personal experience with universal neuroscience to help everyone understand what’s happening in their brain.
Our goal is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives — for themselves and the people around them.
Learn more about the science behind Matter.
We’re a small, fully-remote team committed to doing our best work. For us this means balance. We work Monday through Thursday. In addition to every Friday, we offer 20 vacation days per year, plus the last week of December. Compensation includes stock options. The salary range for this full-time role is $100,000 to $140,000.
Learn more about working at Matter.
We’re all here to support and help each other, but you need to be able to work independently. Here are some of the things that you’ll be up to:
- Captivating new audiences with complex concepts in neuroscience
- Creating content in multiple mediums: photo, video, and illustration
- Building, listening to, and engaging with a growing audience on a variety of social platforms
- Identifying and activating alliances with like-minded creators
- Bringing insightful, informed ideas to help shape Matter’s social approach
College degrees and certifications, numbers of years of experience, and prestigious accolades are not required. General life experience, expertise in your area, curiosity, and generosity with skills and knowledge are more important.
We’d love to hear about your experience with:
- Creating and sharing visual content that inspires positive change
- Being creative and scrappy to make the most out of resources
- Listening to, understanding, and building a large and engaged audience across social platforms
- Bringing something brand new to life in a startup or entrepreneurial environment
- Working with brand guidelines to craft beautiful, meaningful content
Doing meaningful work shouldn’t come at the expense of building a meaningful life. At Matter, this means:
- Four-day work week: Monday through Thursday
- 20 vacation days of your choice, plus the last week in December off
- Remote-first work environment: work out of our Boulder, CO office, or wherever else
- Flexible hours, so long as you can accommodate meetings during ET working hours
- 100% of premium healthcare coverage for you and your dependents
Even though we’re all pretty experienced, we all learn something new almost every day. It may be about neuroscience, design, or technology. Or it may be about something else entirely. We’ll be excited to learn from you, too.
If you’re interested in this role, please send a cover letter, resume (LinkedIn profile is fine), and links to social work that you’re proud of to email@example.com.