Matter is a small but growing startup. Our first product is an iOS app that pairs personal experience with universal neuroscience to help everyone understand what’s happening in their brain.
Our goal is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives — for themselves and the people around them.
Learn more about the science behind Matter.
We’re a small, fully-remote team committed to doing our best work. For us this means balance. We work Monday through Thursday. In addition to every Friday, we offer 20 vacation days per year, plus the last week of December. Compensation includes stock options. The salary range for this full-time role is $100,000 to $140,000.
Learn more about working at Matter.
We’re looking for someone with experience with digital product development who understands the need for balance between structure and flexibility to help people be creative and do their best work while also staying on track. To be successful, you’ll need to be able to effectively communicate and manage schedules across multiple time zones. Here are some of the things that you’ll be up to:
- Work closely with all teams (Design, Engineering, Product, Content, Education, and Science) to develop project timelines and key milestones that support the execution of our roadmap
- Along with Product and Design leads, help facilitate project kickoffs, design reviews, and work sessions
- Monitor projects, proactively identifying and reporting on progress and potential problems
- Be a trusted source of knowledge and clarity on projects, priorities, and decisions for the team
- Share that knowledge and clarity by communicating early and often
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Product Officer
College degrees, certifications, and prestigious accolades are not required. General life experience, demonstrated expertise in your area, curiosity, and generosity with skills and knowledge are more important.
We’d love to hear about your experience in:
- Building clear and efficient processes to successfully manage projects from start to finish, using GitHub Projects, Notion, or other project management tools
- Helping to launch a new product
- Identifying and escalating issues — like a need for more time, resources, or reprioritization
- Communicating with and building relationships across times zones with a fully-remote, distributed team
Doing meaningful work shouldn’t come at the expense of building a meaningful life. At Matter, this means:
- Four-day work week: Monday through Thursday
- 20 vacation days of your choice, plus the last week in December off
- Remote-first work environment: work out of our Boulder, CO office, or wherever else
- Flexible hours, so long as you can accommodate meeting times during ET working hours
- 100% company funded, premium healthcare coverage for you and your dependents
Even though we’re all pretty experienced, we all learn something new almost every day. It may be about neuroscience, design, or technology. Or it may be about something else entirely. We’ll be excited to learn from you, too. If you’re interested in this role, email email@example.com.